28 September 2009

Wow. Just... wow.

B&N has the worst customer service reps. These people are morons. Finally got a(nother) reply, but instead of actually answering my question, which I've stated and restated and simplified and reworded to them so many times, they chose to ignore what I said and assume I was just looking to score some free magazines.

We regret we are unable to donate unsold editions of magazines from our
newsstands. However, many magazine publishers sell previous issues of
their magazines directly to the public. We recommend contacting the
publishers directly by the information available on their website or
through Books in Print.

We look forward to seeing you in our stores again soon.

I don't think they will.

That wasn't what I asked. I have STILL only asked them to tell me what they do with the expired magazines. That's it. I never indicated I wanted them, I just want to know where the old magazines go when they die.

OK, now I will admit that my reaction to this latest response could be considered a bit harsh (I didn't actually call them morons to their [email]face), and I probably wouldn't express such vitriol if this were the first response I'd had from them. But after all their dicking around, I hate them.
So, I sent them YET ANOTHER email, giving them a chance to get it right the... 5th time. I gave them the example of what Borders said, hoping this would give them an idea of what a correct response would look like.

More updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment